The University is a public entity and a Constitutional corporation, so there are legal and Board of Regents policy requirements for University contracts. To help you meet those requirements, follow these procedures.
- Use a contract from the Standard Contracts Library whenever possible. All non-standard contracts must have OGC approval. OGC has pre-approved the Standard Contracts. If you use those forms, no additional OGC review or approval is necessary. However, please see Item 3 below if additional approval is required. Revisit the Standard Contracts Library each time a contract is prepared to ensure you have the most current version. OGC will update Standard Contracts on a regular basis.
- Review the policy on Entering Into Contracts.
- Make sure the person signing the contract is authorized. Only persons with expressly delegated authority may sign contracts. See the President's Delegation of Authority Library.
- Obtain approval from the Subject Matter Expert for the following types of contracts:
(residencies, fellowships, and affiliations for medical residents)
- External Sale of Goods or Services
See External Sales policies and procedures.
- International Affiliation and Contracts (non-AHC)